High-energy Vancouver entrepreneur Charles Chang had big visions for his local company Vega to be a massive international success and “an iconic household name available at every corner store up and down the street.”
Vega was just beginning to expand its US distribution when it came to Dossier in 2013 for a design overhaul of its protein bar program, with the ultimate goal of owning both the bar and protein powder category. Our challenge was to explore the functional insights and create a unified brand presence with clear packaging content and shelf appeal in a crowded category.
Visual Finesse Executed with Precision
Our packaging design involved art direction of intricate photography, retouching of multiple photo composites and a set of product benefit infographics.
Over the next 3 years, Dossier worked with Charles and Vega’s senior team to re-stage their flagship multi-format packaging system of “all-in-one” shakes and the brand’s entire line of green and protein powders.
Innovation Beyond Blockbuster Sale
In 2015, Charles’ vision became a reality with the blockbuster sale of Vega to US company WhiteWave Foods for US$550 million, a mind-blowing price in BC’s food industry.
- Vega engages Dossier
- WhiteWave Foods buys Vega for US$550 million
- Charles leaves Vega and starts his new venture, Lyra
- Former Vega VP Phil Lebeau creates his new company, basd
- Dossier works with Vega to launch a line of multi-vitamin and probiotic beverages
- Danone buys WhiteWave Foods out of Colorado for US$10.4 billion