Over a 3-year period, we worked closely with founders Mike and Chris DeCock to re-envision and realize a holistic business strategy for their chain of pub-style restaurants across Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Research Drives Strategy
To start, we focused on the consumer. We designed qualitative and quantitative research studies to learn about guest experiences. This included a Service Safari ethnographic approach that captured the emotional, functional and economic drivers related to pub/restaurant experiences in Canada.
Co-Ideating the Essence of Hudsons
Informed by a full spectrum of market research insights, we turned inward and facilitated a co-ideation session with the leadership team. We mapped a cohesive vision of Hudsons as “Canada’s Pub” from business strategy, brand, and culture to overall service delivery.
Impact of a Clear Vision
Already well-known for their great late night parties, we focused on Hudsons’ opportunity to be exceptional day and night: emphasized in the new tag line “Happy At Any Hour.”
Dossier has been the best agency we have worked with. They provide true, tangible results.Chris DeCock, President and Co-Founder
Translating Insights into Reality
With clarity in hand, our work was just beginning. Collaborating with Hudsons’ leadership, our team led a systematic overhaul of the brand:
- new identity and brand design for all communications
- service and experience design directing new food and drink creation, uniform design and service experiences
- digital experience including the website, social media, intranet and video
- environmental design including interior and exterior brand direction with architects for new and existing locations
- integrated advertising campaign featuring launch of the new brand and Canadiana theme
- brand launch roll-out and staff engagement strategy